Dairy Free Chocolate Custard (non-thermomix option)
400 gm tin of coconut cream
1 heaped tbs of cornflour
3 tbs rapadura or coconut sugar
1 heaped tbs cacao powder
- whisk all the ingredients together in a small cold pot to combine
- put on stove on low-moderate heat and continue to stir vigorously with the whisk for approximately 8-10 minutes until mixture starts to thicken (don’t allow the mixture to boil or simmer and stir continuously to avoid curdling).
- once mixture starts to thicken, remove from heat and continue to stir for a minute
- transfer mixture into the serving bowls or cups you intend to use
- finish with some fresh or frozen raspberries
Dairy Free Chocolate Custard (thermomix version)
400 gm tin of coconut milk
30 gms corn flour
70 gms rapadura or coconut sugar
1 heaped tbs of cacao powder
- Place sugar and cornflour into mixing bowl and mill 10secs/speed 9. Scrape down sides of bowl.
- Add all remaining ingredients and cook 7 min/90 degrees celsius/ speed 4.
- Serve into bowls or cups as soon as mixture is cooked to avoid it cooling in the bowl.