Pear, Fig and walnut cookies
1 1/2 cups walnuts
1/2 cup oats
1/2 cup chia seeds
1 small pear
6 large dried figs (chopped into small cubes)
1/2 cup buckwheat groats
2 Tbs maple syrup (optional – for those who like things a little sweeter)
- Preheat fan forced oven to 180 degrees celsius
- In your food processor or thermomix add the walnuts, oats and chia seeds and wazz until the mixture resembles bread crumbs
- add the pear and buckwheat groats (and maple syrup if using), process until the pear is mashed into the mixture so there are no pear chunks
- Transfer the mixture to a bowl and add the figs and stir through (if you have a thermomix you can leave it in there and just stir the figs through using reverse so the figs don’t get chopped into the mixture)
- Make the mixture into small cookies, grease flat cookie tray with coconut oil and bake at 180 degrees for about 20-25 minutes.
The final result is not crunchy, its still a bit moist and chewy. If you like crunchy cookies you could bake for a little longer but I think you’d have to do it at 160 degrees to prevent them from over browning.