Peppermint Carob crunch fudge
1/4 cup carob powder
1/4 cup buckwheat groats
1/2 cup melted coconut oil
1/4 cup maple syrup
1 tsp peppermint essence or essential oil to taste (4-6 drops aprox)
- Dissolve carob, coconut oil, and maple in a small pot on very low heat
- remove from heat as soon as the coconut oil is liquid and continue to stir until the mixture starts to thicken and all the elements are combined (this will take about a minute)
- add the buckwheat and peppermint and combine
- pour into a dish that will allow the mixture to sit about 2cm high (I used two small ramekins). Make sure you line the dish with glad/plastic wrap or baking paper so you can get the fudge out once its set.
- Put in the freezer to set for approximately 3 hours
- once set remove from moulds and chop coarsely.
- Store in fridge or freezer.