Raw Carrot cake
1 3/4 organic oats (processed into an oat flour)
4 medium carrots (chopped roughly)
1 cup of fresh medjool dates (pits removed)
1/2 cup desiccated coconut
1 small nutmeg (aprox 1/2 tsp nutmeg)
1 tsp cinnamon
- Grind/grate nutmeg to a powder
- combine oats, nutmeg, cinnamon and desiccated coconut in thermomix, high speed blender or food processor (give it a few good pulses)
- add carrot and dates process until the mixture starts to stick together and the carrot and dates are finely minced
- press the mixture into a springform tin (mine is about 20cm but you can use a smaller tin which would just give you a taller cake)
- put into freezer while you make the icing
1 1/2 cups cashews
juice from 1 lemon
2 Tbs coconut oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 Tbs coconut sugar
water as needed to get a spreadable consistency (I used about half a cup)
- process all ingredients together until smooth. If your icing is grainy, add more water and keep blending until it is smooth.
- Try not to process to more then 5 minutes or so as the oils from the cashews will start to release and you may end up with cashew butter instead of icing.
- Spread this over the top of your cake and refrigerate over night (aprox 12 hrs) to set.
- Keep in fridge or freezer and consume within a few days- this has fresh carrot which will only keep fresh for a few days