Raw Chocolate Brownies
2 cups dried dates
2 cups of any nuts (because I ran out of almonds and Walnuts- otherwise I would have used 1 cup of each)
1/2 cup pecans or walnuts (roughly chopped)
3/4 cup Cacao
Pinch of salt
1/4 cup of water
- Add the dates, 2 cups of nuts, cacao and salt to your processor and wazz until smooth and combined (took about 1-2 mins in my thermomix with a few breaks to scrape down the sides)
- Once smooth add the water to make the mixture a pasty/ fudge texture.
- Remove from processor and mix through the chopped nuts
- Press into a square tin lined with glad wrap or baking paper to make removal easier (my tin was about 20 x 20 cm). To make it easier to flatten into the tin you can use the back of a wet tablespoon to help get a smooth surface.
- Put into fridge or freezer to wait while you make the chocolate topping.
Chocolate topping ingredients
1/4 cup coconut oil
1/4 cup cacao powder
1/8 cup maple syrup
2 tbs buckwheat groats
Chocolate topping method
- on very low heat dissolve the coconut oil, cacao powder and maple syrup.
- Once runny pour over the top of your brownie and sprinkle the buckwheat groats over the top.
- Place in the fridge to set for approximately an hour before slicing