This seed loaf is a super healthy substitute for bread. Many people are avoiding high carbohydrate and high grain diets these days; this loaf can be used as a bread replacement in this instance. For those who think making bread is to hard… this loaf is for you… its easy, so easy. Have a look.
1/2 cup sunflower seeds
1/2 cup pipitas
4 tbs Psyllium husks
2 tbs polenta
1/2 cup flax seeds
1/2 cup almonds (omit if you want a nut free loaf)
1 1/2 cup rolled oats
1/2 tsp salt
2 tbs chia seeds
1 1/2 cups water
3 tbs olive oil
1 tbs maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees celsius with fan on
- In a silicone bread ‘tin’ add all the dry ingredients and mix well until combined
- stir together all the wet ingredients in a jug and pour this over the dry ingredients and stir in the tin until very well combined and the mixture starts to thicken (will take a few minutes) and this press and smooth it down with the back of a spoon
- Let sit on the kitchen bench for 4-6 hours until the mixture is set. You’ll know its set because you can pull away the silicone side and the loaf holds its shape and comes away from the tin easily.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes and then gently turn the loaf out upside down onto the oven rack and put back in the oven for a further 40 minutes. You will know your loaf is cooked because it will sound hollow when you tap on it.
- remove from oven and allow to cool completely before slicing it.
- will freeze well in slices to be used gradually if you like