Spinach, Leek and Olive tart (Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Vegetarian, Nut Free, Grain Free)
Big bunch of spinach (aprox 10 large leaves)
1 large leek
3/4 cup of kalamata olives
2 tbs of olive oil (to sauté)
salt and pepper to taste
- Set your oven to ‘grill’ with fan on at 180 degrees celsius. If your oven can’t do this, just set it to fan forced 180 degrees.
- In a medium sized pan that is suitable to go in the oven or under the grill add the olive oil and chopped leek and fry until the leek is slightly charred and soft
- On top of leek add the chopped spinach (it will probably fill the pan but don’t worry, as it cooks it will wilt
- Once the spinach is wilted add the olives scattered on top. Salt and pepper to taste at this stage.
- whip the eggs and add on top
- cook on the stove (without stirring) on low heat.
- Once it has nearly cooked through (mine took about 10-15 mins) transfer it to the oven to cook the top. This won’t take to long so keep an eye on it, about 5-10 mins should do it.