Tahini and Garlic Kale chips
1 bunch curly kale
2/3 cup cashews
1/4 cup olive oil
2 generous Tbs of Tahini
1 large clove garlic
1/2 tsp salt
- Process this together in food processor, blender or thermomix until its a paste. I leave mine a little crunchy for texture but you can make it as smooth as you like.
- Remove the kale leaf from stalks and roughly rip into 5-10cm sized pieces. Wash and dry well.
- pour tahini mix over the kale and mix together with your hands, purposely spreading the mixture over the kale (some kale will hold a lot of mixture so be purposeful with spreading it around)
- lay this into your dehydrator and set to 60 degrees for aprox 5 hrs (or on a lower heat for more time)
- Check your chips periodically to see if they are ready. When they are crispy and dry, they are ready
- store in an air tight container, they will loose their crispness if exposed to moisture, so eat them within a few days (that won’t be a problem because they are delicious)